The Telemannes Straw Pork Pie Hat from Hattshops's braid collection is bold and an ideal hat for any spring or summer evening. The multi colored pattern gives this hat an eye catching appeal and the porkpie (telescope) crown is the hot block for summer.
- Shape：Pork Pie
- Fabric：Poly Braid
- Material：100% Polypropylene
- Brim：1 5/8" Snap Brim
- Crown：Height 3 3/4"
The size of the hat is based on the circumference of the head. In order to determine the proper hat size, you must measure your head.
Thanks for shopping with us! We serve hundreds of clients around the world every day and we strive to provide you with the highest level of service. We have been working on optimizing our logistics system, we believe that high-quality shipping will increase customer satisfaction, and every visitor will enjoy our shopping trip.
*We are committed to receiving your order as quickly and efficiently as possible. Here's some important shipping information you should know:
1. SHIPPING: We ship all packages from our domestic/warehouse, standard shipping is $6.99, (NOTE: Orders over $69 in net are eligible for free shipping) You can check the shipping cost at checkout before placing an order.
2. Processing time: For a series of new products such as hats, all order packages will be sent within 2 weeks after the order is placed. Package handling lead time does not include transit time. Meanwhile, tracking number information will be emailed to you once your order ships. Note that processing times may be longer during peak shopping seasons.
3. Shipping method: We provide standard shipping, no expedited shipping service, usually takes 5-20 working days depending on previous shipping status. Please note that transit times may vary depending on your location and carrier delays, and may also be affected by different customs clearance times or public holidays. Unfortunately, this is out of our control. Therefore, we do not promise or guarantee the specific arrival time. The specific transportation situation is subject to the feedback from the transportation company.
4. Track your order: Once your order ships, you will receive a tracking number via the email you entered when placing your order. You can use this number to track your package on our website or the carrier's website. All tracks are available at https://t.17track.net/en.
It may take up to 2 days for the order tracking to be updated before the tracking system activates the tracking number. If the information has not appeared on the express website, please try again after 48 hours.
5. International Shipping: We provide international shipping services to designated countries. Please note that international shipping times may vary and you may be responsible for customs fees and import taxes.
6. Delivery problems: If you encounter any problems during delivery, please contact us immediately. We will do our best to resolve any issues and ensure you receive your order as quickly as possible.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us and we will serve you.
COVID-19 Notice: Due to changing COVID-19 restrictions affecting delivery services, our deliveries may take longer than specified. Know that our fulfillment team continues to ship products daily as we take extra precautions to keep them safe. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
WEAVING A BETTER WORLD
The art of creating Panama hats weaves into the fabric of daily life for Andean mountain communities. Women weave everywhere – on the bus, walking to the market, on their way to the fields. It is so intrinsic to Ecuadorian day-to-day life that in 2012 UNESCO declared the art of weaving a Panama hat was on its Intangible Cultural Heritage* list.
Weaving a hat from paja toquilla represents the cultural heritage of an entire community. There is a campaign in Ecuador to rename the Panama hat the ‘Ecuador hat’. This movement has our full support.
*Intangible Cultural Heritage is a term used for knowledge, traditions and rituals that permeate the everyday life of a particular community. This heritage forms an intrinsic part of its identity and culture, passing from generation to generation.
WHO WE WORK WITH
Most Panama hats pass through the hands of up to seven different intermediaries. These middlemen are called perros (or dogs) because of their unscrupulous purchasing practices. However, Pachacuti works directly with artisans through every step of the process – weaving, dyeing, blocking and finishing. We ensure that as much of the final value as possible remains in the hands of the artisans themselves, not with intermediaries!
Therefore, Pachacuti works with weaving associations to break down the price of every style of hat. We calculate the cost of the raw materials, the dyes, the overheads, the labour and the profit margin. We pay a fair price, which is monitored through interviews to ascertain the local cost of living. The cañasta básica vital, (the Ecuadorian Government’s monthly market cost of meeting basic needs for a family of four) is also a comparator.
We provide ongoing training and investment for tangible skills such as design development, weaving skills, costing of products/overheads and health and safety, and intangible benefits such as self-esteem and human relations.